Saturday, June 2, 2012

Be free as a butterfly...

Well, its been a hectic week and its finally the weekend!  I have been doing lots of tutorials and gathering images for my artwork and there is so much stuff out there!!  I finished another canvas, and in the process of finishing another one but just waiting for bits of it to dry before I do any more to it.  I've decided that I really like working on smaller canvas' about 10 x 10 and up to about 12 x 14 at the most.  I read a quote the other day that I saw on Christy Tomlinson's blog that has really stuck in my mind about how we approach our creative talents.


'Do you remember when we were 7? and we just painted to paint? not to please anyone else.. but just yourself.. not overthink .. Just PAINT. As we grow older we start to compare ourselves to other people.. and their art. We judge ourselves.. our art and wonder if we are good enough. Art isn't about thinking how good we are.. it's about finding ourselves and enjoying our passion. It's painting what's in our heart and bring soul and fire to what we are creating.'


 Its not a direct quote from her, but thats not the point - its that we need to set ourselves free of what everyone else  thinks about our art, and just enjoy the process.  Well for the most part thats what I got out of it anyway.  My next canvas will probably reflect that a lot more anyway.  I am absolutely loving this new freedom, and using many different techniques etc that I've picked up along the way.  Hope you do too.





The colours actually look quite rustic in these photo's (I think it was the time of day/lighting) when it was taken.   Its actually more golds/orange/reds/pinks.  Hmmm...weird.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message....