Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Simplicity...

Good Afternoon all - I've been having a bit of a slow day today (I think it may be due to the weather?) and I have been avoiding finishing of a larger painting that I am in the middle of doing (inspired by the fantastic artist, Yvonne Coomber - I love, love her work!).  However, I am just feeling so tired at the moment and even though I actually like how it is panning out, I just wasn't so enthused to actually finish it off.  So in my avoidance of that I ended up just painting a little 10 x 12 mixed media canvas, which I think is quite cute.


I used acrylics, paper, glitter glue,  ink, texture paste and pastel pencils.  It was a quick little one that I enjoyed doing but was all I had in me to do today.  









I like her sparkly crown!




Oh, and I almost forgot!  I ordered Flora Bowleys book 'Brave Intuitive Painting', and it came in the mail today.  I am soo excited to do one of her inspired paintings.  I'll have to get a large square painting, which will be good to work on for a change, as I have been doing lots of little canvas' lately.  It will be great to just 'Let go  and be bold', with colours (which I have no problem doing) but have been wanting to try her 'style' for a while.  I will paste pics when I finish!




Cheers
Julie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message....