Sunday, June 23, 2013

'Scarlets Garden' - 12 x 12 inch Mixed Media on Canvas


Good morning everyone.  Well this 12 x 12 inch mixed media on canvas was one of those ones that just 'came together' for me, and I was on a roll with it!!  I have loved these colour combinations for a while now (torquoise, red and white), and I wanted to put it into something that had a mixed media and 3d effect.  In this painting I used impasto paint for a base with a ridged effect, beads, 
 paper, glitter, chiffon fabric, water colour paper, pastel pencils and lastly ink.  I put a metallic gold over the outer edges as well for a glossy glittery look too.  This one will go on my Etsy store shortly.


This is the second canvas painting from my Scarlet series.  I am hoping to do more, I have so much fun creating these!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message....