Wednesday, July 9, 2014

"Expand Your Wings"... mixed media on canvas

Well its school holiday time, which means lazy mornings, and at my house, two rowdy boys, who want to be entertained!  So, I was amazed that I was able to finish this 12 x 16 inch mixed media on canvas!  I am lucky that my art studio is a pretty large space in my home, and so there was much backwards and forwards travelling up to the studio and back to pulling apart my two boys who were trying to half kill each other!!  Its coming to the end of the last week of the school holidays, and I think its time they went back!!
Anyways, I really enjoyed making this piece, and I love the colours together.  I think the little glass bottles are really cute too.  Inside the bottles I have put glitter, and one word in each.  (Imagine, dream and believe).  I have used acrylic paints, paper, ink, impasto, glitter, rhinestones, wooden shape, glass bottles, glitter glue and chain.

"Expand your wings".
Mixed media on canvas
12 x 16 inch
$85.00






You can just see some of the stitching on the green flower I did as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message....